- So, I got an iPhone about a week ago. I haven't used it yet. Why? Well, first my dad had a minor health scare, and I wanted to always have my phone available; I didn't want to be in the middle of the switch and miss an important call (he is fine, by the way). Then, due to the Republican National Convention being in town, I have to work from home all week; I didn't want to not know how to mute my phone for conference calls (important stuff, people ... especially when working from home by yourself and you end up talking to yourself). So, I have the iPhone. It is beautiful. I still have done nothing with it.
- Let's go back to that working from home thing. It is not all it's cracked up to be. I did it solely for my last job, and I couldn't stand it. My only human companion during the day was the UPS guy. It sucked. Nothing against the UPS guy; he rocked. But, he only stopped by for a few minutes once or twice a week. While I'm grateful to not have to go into the office this week and suffer through massive traffic jams, car searches, body searches, police in riot gear, protesters and general havoc, I really, really don't like working from home.
- So, I took Wednesday and Thursday off (Friday and Monday are firm holidays ... yay!). I'll be traveling to Texas to meet up with my boyfriend who is doing contract work there, and then we'll travel together to Kansas on Friday ... just in time for the first Kansas State football game of the season.
- Baseball is my favorite sport, but I love football too. Especially college football. Especially Kansas State football. I still get chills when I hear the crowd chant in unison: "K-S-U Wildcats." It brings me back to my college days oh-so-long ago.
|A non-college photo (I can tell because it's in color)|
- With the trip, I'll miss my half marathon training group on Thursday and Sunday. I plan on getting the schedule and running in Texas on Thursday and in Kansas on Sunday (or perhaps Monday in Florida, depending on how things work out). If I run in Kansas, that will be three different states for the week of running. Sweet.
- Plans aren't definite yet, but I'm hoping a Rays vs. Rangers game on Wednesday will happen! Fly in, head straight to the stadium. That's my kind of travel.
- Your turn for randomness: Do you ever work from home? Do you like it? Have you run in Florida, Texas or Kansas? Do you like college football? Do you like baseball?
|Rays fan, will travel|